Item request has been placed!
Item request cannot be made.
Hebert Library Code of Conduct
The Board of Trustees of the Effie & Wilton Hebert Public Library has adopted the following code so that our Library may provide an atmosphere conducive to appropriate use of its services and facilities. The Code of Conduct includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Sleeping, abusive language, harassment of Library staff or other patrons is prohibited on Library property.
- Mutilation or destruction of Library buildings, materials or equipment is prohibited.
- Eating or drinking is prohibited, except in meeting rooms.
- The use of cellular phones is prohibited, except in lobby.
- Patrons whose bodily hygiene is offensive so as to constitute a nuisance to other people shall be required to leave the building.
- The Library is not responsible for personal belongings left in or on Library property.
- Solicitation of any kind for any purpose is prohibited.
- Library staff is not responsible for the safety or well being of children left on Library property. Children under 8 may not be left unattended.
- Animals or pets, except for guide dogs for the blind or hearing impaired, are prohibited.
- Shoes and shirt must be worn.
- No smoking inside the Library per Penal Code 48.01.
- Any unlawful or disruptive activity is prohibited on Library property and may be subject to appropriate and necessary action.
Failure to comply with the Library Code of Conduct may result in expulsion from the library and revocation of library privileges.
Please see the official behavior policy here:Library Behavior Policy
Library Policies for Download: